Sunday, November 20, 2011

Another college may accept me yes or no?

I asked another question earlier and no one is understanding me. I have 3.8 gpa, nhs,nths,nshss and eagle scout rank. I have adhd, and iam a really bad test taker because of it (1320 sat). I want to become a teacher.I have to be enrolled at a 4 year state university to have my tuition paid for (pending scholarship through local school board). I cant get accepted into one because i did not graduate my highschool with an algebra2 credit or higher. I have to take a a full two years at the community college because of that missing credit. I cant afford the community college because its is still over 300 bucks a credit and i cannot afford as to where if i was in a state college that would all be paid for with the scholarship. also the community college does not provide sufficient accommodations (2 extra minuets of testing time is not enough, I cant help my adhd and only want to be on a fair plane with all the other students). What can i do? I cant go to the community college.

Another college may accept me yes or no?
Can't you just take the algebra 2 course from the community college over the summer and then enroll in the university in the fall. Let them know you are taking it and they should accept you pending you pass the algebra 2 class. I know people who have done this. It will cost the $300 or whatever for that one course, but it is a lot cheaper in the long run. and you can get financial assistance for that. Good Luck.
Reply:yes they can if you try harder by reading and understanding.


No comments:

Post a Comment