Sunday, November 20, 2011

Confused?! College stuff. Check details for info.?

I'm from the Philippines and our education system is Grades 1-6 and then High School 1stYr-4thYr. That would mean I'd still be in the 10th Grade in the US. I'm planning to study college ther. Can I immediately attend college or do I have to study two more years in a community college? I'm taking the SATs this May5 and I was wondering if I have to take the SATs for community college or if after I attend community college I would still need the SATs for my admission/application to a university. I know those are a lot of questions but any help will do.

Confused?! College stuff. Check details for info.?
A community college is the same as a University.


I think they would accept you, albeit the mandatory "fitting in" types of classes, since you are so young.





Bravo education system of the Philippines!!!


The SAT is for college entry. It can work for regular AND community colleges.





(Just in case I think you mean "junior colleges". These are diffrent than community colleges. In junior college, you go for 2 years THEN you can change to a regular or community college.)





I know you're going to do fine.





Good Luck and enjoy your studies!!!





Prof. Maldonado PH.D Philosophy


Universidad de Puerto Rico, Recinto de Río Piedras


In Puerto Rico you would definitly be welcome!


Good Luck and enjoy your studies!!!





(Just in case, here we speak spanish and english...)
Reply:You don't need to take the SAT's to attend community College; just University. That being said, you did not tell us what year you are in school currently so I cannot tell you where you would here - what level either high school or otherwise. If you have indeed graduated high school in the Islands, then I would not attend a community college go for the big one.


No comments:

Post a Comment