Wednesday, July 14, 2010

College Consultant Group - A scam - FTC information?

College Consultant Group in colorado springs- A scam - FTC information





I received a letter from college consultant group in colorado springs, it was a letter offering services for college tuition, they have a 800 number to call to set up a reservation at a local hotel. I did some research on this and it looks like another company the college advantage aka the college funding group had been shut down by the ftc for something very similar. I have attached the ftc contacts and this link to the case I found. Some other websites have information to contact the ftc if any suspicious letters like this are mailed to students like me. Does anyone else have any information about this. I am going to ask some other people at school if they received any letters like this. Here is the link I found:





http://www.ftc.gov/os/2003/07/collegeadv...








GARY D. KENNEDY


Attorney-In-Charge


Oklahoma Bar No. 4961


JUDITH A. SHEPHERD


(214) 979-9379 (Kennedy)


(214) 979-9383 (Shepherd)

College Consultant Group - A scam - FTC information?
You were both astute and wise to get it./


No comments:

Post a Comment