Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Transferring from college A to a community college to college B, can I do this quickly?

Ok, I'm a sophomore in college (school A). Currently I'm majoring in one of the top engineering programs in the nation, but realizing that engineering is not what I want to do, having a low GPA (1.8), and absolutely hating my school to the point where I want to kill myself, I want to transfer to a different college (school B) closer to home, changing my major as well. Unfortunately, even though the program at "school B" is cake compared what I am currently in, they won't take my low GPA. I would have to go to CC college then transfer over to "school B" I guess. My question is, will "school B" accept me after completing a semester of community college? I have about 30-35 credits that would transfer over from "school A" as well. Anything else I should know? Thanks in advance!

Transferring from college A to a community college to college B, can I do this quickly?
They should accept you as long as you meet their transfer admissions requirements. Usually it's a 2.0 for college level course work, but may be higher depending on which major you decide to change to.


No comments:

Post a Comment