Tuesday, July 20, 2010

College/ University in England and Scotland...?

I really want to go to school in England or Scotland but I need some help. I know that school is different over there but how does work? Do they have Assiociates, Bach., and Masters degrees like in the U.S or how does it work? I'm wanting to become a soccer coach with some type of degree that will go with that and I REALLY want to get my degree over in the UK cause it would be an amazing experience but I'm not sure about how the degrees work. If any English or Scotish people out there can help me it would be much appreciated.


Also I'm not real sure about what colleges I would go to..... Newcastle College, Liverpool College, which colleges would be good ones for an "Average" student ( I ante not no Oxford level...lol)


I'm thinking mainly colleges more up North away from London.


Thanks!

College/ University in England and Scotland...?
The word "college" in the UK is not used interchangeably with "university" like it is in the U.S.; college in the UK is equivalent to the last two years of high school.





Yes, there are bachelor's and master's degrees like in the U.S., but a bachelor's usually only takes three years to complete and is a lot more specialized than a bachelor's in the U.S.





I have no idea what you'd study to become a soccer (football) coach, but universities in the UK generally require scores of at least 4 on three AP tests (less for some programs) from American students in place of A-levels or Scottish Highers.





You should check out www.ucas.com to search for programs that might interest you and the schools that offer them; that's also where you apply to British universities (kind of like the Common Application).
Reply:stirling university in scotland


No comments:

Post a Comment