Tuesday, July 20, 2010

What Christian college should I go to if I want to get into the music industry?

Hey everybody. Right now I'm a (female) sophomore in high school in Omaha, NE. I'm trying to figure out where I want to go to college. I'm planning on working in the music industry when I graduate. I know of a Christian college called Evangel in Springfield, MO that offers a "Bachelor of Science in Music Industry". I want a program like that, but I also think it would be good if there was a record label near my college so I could possibly work as a college representative. Do any of you know where there are any Christian colleges with a good music industry program, AND a record label nearby so I could possibly work there while I'm in college?

What Christian college should I go to if I want to get into the music industry?
Belmont University in Nashville, TN would be perfect. They offer a Bachelor of Music Business. Most Christian music record labels are situated in the heart of Nashville. Some that I know of include: Word Music (featuring artists like Amy Grant, Randy Travis, David Phelps, Point of Grace, Jaci Velasquez among many others), Sparrow records, Forefront Records, the list goes on and on. I had a friend who went to Belmont and received a music business degree and interned at a local Christian music label while she was in school and is not only working for them but also recording/releasing cd's/and opening for bands.
Reply:Belmont University in Nashville. You'll also be close to Music Row and possibly have a shot a an internship at a world class studio.

false teeth

No comments:

Post a Comment