Sunday, July 11, 2010

Pharmacy college majors?

I was wondering what is being a pharmacist like? Is the job difficult or stressfull? Do people really enjoy their job as a pharmacist or passionate about their jobs? And in regards to college and requirements, I was planning to apply to Northeastern University undecided or for Biology in the College or Arts and Sciences. If I decided to become a pharmacist, would I be able to change into their Pharmacy program? I know that pharmacist now graduate with a Pharm.D. either 6 or 7 years from a college with specific courses required to graduate, but if i changed by mind when I get into college, would i switch into this program and go for an extra year to finish the program? I do not plan on applying specifically into the bouve college of health science which has this program? This is also in regards to any other major if I decided to change my major. I have no idea about college and majors or anything about that. please respond. thank you

Pharmacy college majors?
Well I can help you with the being a pharmacist part. Job shadow. I have shadowed several careers, one of them being pharmacy, and I didn't like it. Go ask a pharmacy if you can come in and follow them around and help out where you can for a few hours each week and see if you like it. Spend some time interviewing the pharmacists that work there too. Usually it won't take more than a few days to decide whether you love it or not.


No comments:

Post a Comment