Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Which 4 year college would help with medical university the most?

I got accepted to five colleges Notre Dame De Namur (Belmont, CA), California State University Chico ( Chico, Ca), California State University San Bernardino ( San Bernardino California), Whittier College ( California), California state university East Bay ( Hayward, California). I am lost as to which of these four universities to pick from? I tried asking my carrer center teacher and the counselor and they cannot come up with any good answer. So I am lost and the dealdine to notify the colleges of my intent to register may 1st is coming closer. All of them have thier own pro's and con's. So my question is if i plan to go to medical school after four years of undergraduate which of these five do you think would benefit me in the long run?





please do consider all the factors : I live in fremont and would want a college nearby, Notre Dame De Namur Fits the profile, however, Whittier has provided me with a $14,000 scolarship, 7,000 each semester. However, Nobody Knows of Notre Dame De Namur, all my teachers think it's a high school an dalthough it's nearby it's pretty expensive and I want my parents to save for my medical school. CSU Chico is hgiher than all of these colleges in US NEWS rankings for the top western colleges, however Chico is far off. I fI do go to Notre dame or whittier I would be required to take a placement test , however, I am exempt from doing so in Chico, East Bay and San Bernardino. My firends tell me East Bay is a mediocre college and San Bernardino is not on the list of the US NEWS.








Any Advice ?

Which 4 year college would help with medical university the most?
Which school you go to doesn't really make that much of a difference if you're applying to medical school. The application process is mainly centered around MCAT score, GPA and CV. What you do, and how well you do it is more important than were you do it.





Relax and pick a college which suits you the best and make sure to get top notch grades and do as much volunteer work as possible. Volunteering with the local hospitals will be a great way to show to a medical school that you're not a person who watched House one too many times and selected a career based on the TV.





Best of luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment