Sunday, August 22, 2010

College question?

ok...I'm starting high school in September but I'm thinking about college already....I have a few questions:








1) I want to become a pediatrician. Do I have to take pre-med in a regular 4 year college?


2) I also wanted to be a wedding planner. If I went to college with this as a future career, what would I major in?


3) Is it possible to major in more than one thing, like, if I didn't know which I wanted to pursue as a career, could I take both pre-med and a class that would help me become a wedding planner in a 4 year college?





Please and thank you for answering

College question?
1. You can do anything for undergraduate as long as you take basic required courses needed for med school (organic chem, biology, etc.). A new trend these days is to major in something unrelated to science, such as business or international studies, so that you will diversify your specialties and interests. With a BA in business and M.D., you could work in a pharmaceutical. With a BA in int'l studies and M.D., you could work for a place like the World Health Organization.


2. There's no specific wedding planner major. Do what would help you, something along the lines of marketing.


3. You can double-major, or triple-major, or have any odd combination of majors and minors. You could just major in marketing or fashion design (that may help for wedding planners) but take the required pre-med courses. Then you could go to med school but have wedding planning as a back up in case you change your mind.


Hope it helps!
Reply:1.) to be a pediatrician, you would have to get a degree- that is usually a 4-year program, but only the last 2 years are packed with the major courses; the first 2 years would probably be basic requirements.


2.) to be a wedding planner- honestly im not sure, but . . .


3.) YES it is most definately possible to major in more than two things; its called a double major, and you do have to take more courses, so that could end up being 5 years instead of 4.


No comments:

Post a Comment