Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Question about transfering to another college.?

I am from florida attending my freshman year in college in Virginia. Next year I want to go to the community college back home to get my assoicates than transfer to a 4 year college again. When I transfer to a 4 year college do they just look at my college transcript or do they go back to highschool? Do I have a chance to get into University of Miami with a 3.5 GPA? What would colleges be looking for? I am going to choose a 4 year college in Florida because I have Florida Pre-paid so it will pay for my college in Florida. Are colleges going to look down on me since I have transfered already?

Question about transfering to another college.?
They will look at both, but they will focus on college if you've been in college for more than a year.





Keep in mind that University of Miami is actually a private school--and it's much more expensive than a Florida public college for an in-state student. Your pre-paid plan will only pay for a portion of University of Miami--the value of the plan is equal to the cost of a public school. You will get that amount.





The college shouldn't look down on you if you explain yourself well and have done well at your school in Virginia: it wasn't the right school for you, and you decided to spend a year at home while you picked the school that is really best for you. But if you are flunking out of Virginia, you will really need to prove that you are ready for the next level at community college. (But if the 3.5 is a college GPA, you should be fine.)
Reply:They will look at both. However, if you've done well, they'll take that into account. They pay more attention to your recent performance.





To know your chances, just try and apply. It's more than just GPA.

teeth whitening

No comments:

Post a Comment