Thursday, August 19, 2010

College for mutiple interests?

I am looking at colleges for when I graduate high school, I am in the 9th grade now. I want to become a veterianrian so the college has to have some kind of pre-veterinary program and science research. I am interested in alot of things and want the college to have some of what I am interested in, like as in courses, majors, or whatever else you would call it. This is a list of what I am interested in:





Biomedical Sciences


Classical Languages


French Language


Gay/Lesbian Studies


Latin Language


Pre-Veterinary Studies


Biology


Mathematics


Ancient Greek Language





Any info you could give me on searching for colleges or just colleges in general would be greatly appreciated.














Oh and sorry for any spelling mistakes or grammar mistakes I type to fast really and mis keys.

College for mutiple interests?
Go to a liberal arts college (so you can pursue your other interests...heck, you might like one of them more than vet stuff) and major in bio. A pre-vet major isn't necessary to get into vet school, especially because the pre-reqs vary a lot.





If you REALLY want to do pre-vet though, you can look at collegeboard.com to find a school with a program.
Reply:ok first, you have plenty of time to decide where you want to go to school. and second if you really want to study to be a vet the most important thing is to find a school with a pre-vetrinary program. all your other interests really should be a deciding factor on where you go. you will be able to take enough elective classes that will satisfy all your other interests even if that is not your main course of study.


No comments:

Post a Comment