Thursday, August 19, 2010

What college would you recommend me to go to? (majoring in Social Work/ Human Service in New York?)?

Okay, so I'm planning to major in Social Work/ Human Service in college cause I want to be a social worker in the future or something in that field.





I'm not that smart. my GPA is currently a 2.69 and I'm a Junior right now.





The thing is.. I'm extremely picky about college. I want to go to a college with a nice campus. It needs to be in or really near the city because I can't live in the suburbs. I really want to go to New York for college because I'm from Boston and I'm kinda sick of it but want a similar life style.





I really wanted to go to St. John's except a ton of people on Yahoo! Answers said it sucked? I want to go to a good school and obviously I'm not aiming for Harvard cause that is impossible (i love their campus).





So do you guys have any suggestions?





Also, I don't want to go to a really expensive college either but I can always get financial aid.

What college would you recommend me to go to? (majoring in Social Work/ Human Service in New York?)?
With a 2.69 you may be able to get into a SUNY or a CUNY. There are no SUNY's in NYC and the CUNY's do not have social work programs. Assuming you are looking at a BSW at this time you might try http://www.nyackcollege.edu/. Their BSW program is in candidacy, so it might be easier to get into and the university is not as competitive as Fordum and New York University which are far more competitive.





DA


No comments:

Post a Comment